I love taking photos at an outdoor Scottish wedding, and the Cruin by Loch Lomond is a great venue for an outdoor ceremony. The weather was fantastic for Jon and Mhairi’s wedding. They got ready in the lodges on-site at the Cruin, which meant everything was just a short walk away. They kept it simple but the styling was perfect. I particularly loved the hexagon wedding archway which added a geometric dimension to contrast with the natural landscape. As a wedding photographer I thought it worked really well.
Wedding Detail Ideas
Mhairi and Jon also incorporated little tamborines for their guests to bang and shake while they walked down the aisle.
When it comes to having an outdoor wedding ceremony in Scotland, it’s great if you’ve got a venue that can accommodate all weather types. I think if you’re going to have an outdoor Scottish wedding it’s really important to factor in the weather preceeding your date as well as on the day itself. Having a paved area means that even if it rains the day before, the high heels and seats won’t sink into soggy grass. Incidentally, I have some tips for things to include if you’re planning an outdoor Scottish wedding ceremony.
I loved how relaxed this wedding felt. The Cruin is such a wonderful venue, the ceiling windows help bring in lots of natural light which even on a sunny day helps it feel light and bright. Outside there are plenty of spots for photographs or for guests to explore and enjoy.
- Venue: The Cruin www.thecruin.com
- Florist: Briar Rose Flowers www.briarroseflowers.co.uk
- Cake: Rosewood Cakes www.rosewoodcakes.com
- Hair and Make Up: The Bride To Be www.thebridetobe.co.uk
- Celebrant: Jane Patmore, One Spirit Interfaith Foundation, www.yourserviceinscotland.co.uk
- Venue Decorators: Make Believe Events www.makebelieveevents.co.uk
- Bagpiper: John Feeney, Hart Bagpiping Services www.facebook.com/JohnHartFeeney/
- Wedding Dress: Kavelle Couture www.kavelle.com
If you’re planning an outdoor wedding at the Cruin and looking for a Scottish wedding photographer… I’d love to chat more with you. It’s a great venue and I love their warm hospitality!
You can find out more about my alternative wedding photography approach. To arrange a chat and find out my availability get in touch. Can’t wait to hear from you!